Remorse
Welcome to the official website of Remorse.

For more information, please find our thread on the RSB, or contact one of the leaders.

If you are a new member, welcome. Please register on our website. Future applicants are also able to apply on our website.

Thank you.
Remorse
Welcome to the official website of Remorse.

For more information, please find our thread on the RSB, or contact one of the leaders.

If you are a new member, welcome. Please register on our website. Future applicants are also able to apply on our website.

Thank you.
Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memento Mori ~ Remember You're Mortal

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skilling Competition - Draft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sven
Admin
Sven

Skilling Competition - Draft Empty
PostSubject: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySat 1 Jan - 14:33

Heya,

As you guessed, we'll probably hold a skilling competition soon to hand out our first spot in the HoF. We probably will try to hold this monthly, unless there are other specific things going on (ex. Jagex Cup), or if the clan declines in size so we're unable to hold so.

Our first skilling competition will have as reward - A Major position, as it's the first competition won in the clan. Afterwards, we'll only hand out minor positions, unless you do something amazing Smile.

Depending on the competition we will work with stake-ins once free trade is released. We do this to make sure that only people who are serious about this will join the competition, and the winner will receive a nice bonus apart from the position in the Hall. Of course, these skills will probably be gather skills, which make money, so that stake-in wouldn't be a big problem. The number I have in my head is 250K, if you have skills which make more money (ex. slay), we could rise this to 500k, or even 1m if people are up for it. Of course, this will first be discussed with the clan. The money will be collected either by me or come collect it on the cc account, and once a person has won it will be handed out again. You'll have to trust me for this one Smile.

How will such a competition work?

Basically, in a skilling competition you've gotta earn as much as XP as possible during the given period. The person with the most earned XP at the end of that period wins.

1st of the month : Announcement of competition
2nd of the month : Release of information what sort of competition (rules, what skill, ...) + sign-up, this gives also people the time to prepare
6th of the month : Start of the competition (random hour, data will be collected from participants, thread to follow up will be made)
28th of the month : End of competition (ends at 8 PM, data will be collected)
29th of the month : Winner will be announced, money will be handed out, HoF will be awarded

Rest of the month will be used to prepare new competition

How will we retain event activity?

I know that people probably would want to concentrate on their skill during such a competition. To retain event activity I've thought about the following system.

Basically you must join 3 events/week or you'll automatically lose the competition (unless a very good excuse).

Now, the system to make people join events. Every event you join during the competition time (6th -> 28th), will earn you a 1% modifier of your experience in the end. So, at the end of the competition your experience will be modified by the amount of events you've joined. From the 6th to 28th, that means it's possible to join 22 events. So if you join all of them you earn a 122% modifier. This means you'll get a very nice boost in your experience if you try to come to all events.

Together with this, we also might introduce a small bonus for bumping, posting here and recruiting. Any suggestions on this? Discuss.

Edit : Gotta go, that's why I couldn't finish this. But you get a starting idea. I'll finish later but post your feedback now.

Back to top Go down
Lucky

Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySat 1 Jan - 17:47

Woop for my ideas! Very Happy Also, we should take into account each person attending the competition's starting XP.
Back to top Go down
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySat 1 Jan - 19:12

I think this should be organized a bit differently. Each month we will give a award let's say for the person who gains the most experience in combat (attack,strength,defense,range,magic,hitpoints,prayer,summoning)
and award for the best skiller (every other skill,fishing,cooking etc). These would all count as minor award let's say and they would say "best skiller of the month of .....". We would keep a log of the experience every member gains per month with an exp tracker,I am sure there is something like that,and then we can give major awards like "best skiller of winter 2010" and "best skiller of 2010" these can be used as signatures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HotSexyRomanianWarrers.org
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySat 1 Jan - 19:16

something else I thought of.
"Most overall exp gained for the month of ...."

Most overall exp gained in spring 2010"

Most overall xp gained in 2010"
Back to top Go down
Sven
Admin
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySun 2 Jan - 0:03

Not bad idea, but won't it get a bit overcomplicated then? I do like the idea, but I think that's something which fits better if the clan is quite big. If we're just with about 20-30 people I think we should concentrate on one competition. Eventually, we can expand this idea in the future and have a competition which includes more skills at the same time (aka, your best combat/skiller idea).

For the best skiller of 2010 I already had an idea. Basically, at the end of this year we will hold our Awards of Remorse 2011, and people can vote on each other. But that's still ages from now, but I'll explain that when we get closer.
Back to top Go down
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySun 2 Jan - 9:31

hmmmm,true
Back to top Go down
Sven
Admin
Sven

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft EmptySun 9 Jan - 9:45

I got a good set-up now. Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skilling Competition - Draft   Skilling Competition - Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Skilling Competition - Draft
Page 1 of 1